Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Round Robin Challenge: In the Kitchen!

The challenge this week is In the Kitchen! When I saw this topic, I thought...ooh! I'll photograph a meal from begining to end! But alas...the best laid plans...are usually forgotten by me! So ... you get the finished product, the dishes it created and a final thought from my Aunt.


This is a Shephards Pie, modified a bit from the recipe my cousin gave me. Instead of ground turkey (which replaced the beef or lamb), I used leftover chopped chicken from Sunday and chicken stock instead of beef stock. This recipe is the best ever and if you'd like, I'll share it with you :-)


And these are the dirty dishes making this meal generated. Yes, I left them overnight to get a good picture...but I probably would've left them anyway cause it was one of those nights.


This is the last page in a cookbook my Aunt put together...one of my fondest memories is the Thanksgiving meals our families shared together over the years.

12 comments:

Teena in Toronto said...

I'm not a big fan of Shepherd's Pie but yours looks good ... especially with the chicken.

Mine's up to :)

Anonymous said...

Nice photos, Janet. The food looks great and those family cookbooks are the best, aren't they! There's one in my photos, too. Whenever we can't think of something new to eat, we grab "The Trakul Family Cookbook!" Great Polish comfort food.

Suzanne R said...

What a delicious-looking dinner, although the dishes look daunting. ;-) What a sweet note from your aunt -- family is everything!

Anonymous said...

That sure looks yummy! So whens dinner?

Thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

I really like the snowman towel! "Pie" looks pretty yummy, too!

Linda (Lou)

Ingrid said...

That's an economic way to use "old" food lol ! You could have put your dirty staff in the dishwasher and take a picture there ! But of course this fits better the subject !

kmm said...

Wow there are a lot of good cooks amongst the Robins. Really like the photos on your blog Kerrin

Anonymous said...

I love Shepherd's pie!

As for your comment on my journal, I do believe someone got fined for demolishing the building.

Becky said...

Shepherd's Pie made with chicken...huh. Interesting!

Anonymous said...

Oh, you just about made my eye leak reading your aunt's note. Ya know, as I get older ('bout 44) I think I should but all the recipes together to share with the youngan's later on.

Nice post.

Karen Funk Blocher said...

I'm finally catching up with the rest of the RR entries from *last time*! I really love the first shot here, and the personal angle of the last shot. The dishes - well, let's just say I have a sinkful of my own to do! I never heard of chicken-based shepherd's pie - I imagine it would be a bit like chicken pot pie, except with potatoes. Yum!

Nancy said...

Just catching up on some of your journal entries and trying to get the feed. Speaking of feeds, I'd love that shep. pie recipe!!

Nancy : )

http://journals.aol.com/nhd106/notions-of-nancy/