Friday, June 15, 2007

Round Robin Challenge: Butterflies

The challenge this week is "Freaks of Nature...or Butterflies". Meg, author of the blog, "In Quest Of" has decided "Fabulous Freaks Of Nature," will be our new challenge subject. Her concept is to have us show off unusual natural finds, such as " an oddly grown tomato, a weird tree, six toes on a puppy... you get the idea." Yeah, like 8 knees on an elephant, or someone who actually looks like a Picasso painting, or maybe even a monkey with male pattern baldness, or a kangaroo with three left feet! Oh, oh, I know... a hummingbird that knows the words. Tee Hee. :) Now, "if for some reason you can't seem to find a local FREAK OF NATURE, that is odd or funny enough to strike our fancy, then post your best shot of butterflies...beautiful butterflies."


Since I couldn't find any "freaks of nature", I decided to use butterflies :-) Hope you like 'em!

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi there,

I came across your Blog through Blogger's blogroll.

Quick Q: You're more into Nature Photography?

Janet said...

Very much so, Allan!

mks said...

I love that green butterful. I can think of a few shots you have taken that would have fit the "freaks of nature theme"....(1) that photo of me sticking my tongue out at the wall painting of charles manson and (2) the photos you took at zombie fest last year! But gladly the butterfuly images are much nicer.

mks said...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=we9_CdNPuJg

Check out this link on fainting goats that is a real oddity if not freak of nature.

Ingrid said...

They are beautiful it's amazing what different kind of pattern and colors they have !

kmm said...

Lovely butterflies and beautifully presented. I still havn't learnt how to do the boxes Cheers Kerrin

Jasra/Lisa said...

Gorgeous photos! Such a lovely subject too.

jams o donnell said...

Thanks for stopping by teh Poor Mouth. Those butterfly photos are stunning

Carly said...

Hi Janet :)

Sorry it has taken me so long to get by here to see your entry. I love the butterflies you chose to post. Especially the beautiful painted lady. That is my favorite butterfly. So colorful. :)The other ones are really exotic. I like the green and brown one on the left. Just beautiful.

Always, Carly

OldLady Of The Hills said...

They are BEAUTIFUL, BEAUTIFUL! Gorgeous, in fact!

Thanks for your Birthday Wishes and yes, indeed, Bernie is a "Babe"...lol!

Malinda777 said...

You know...when I got my camera... I was commenting on hoping to catch some butterflies up close, etc.

They told me most photographers FREAKING CATCH THEM AND FREEZE THEM and then pose them for the photos.

Is that true :(