Tuesday, January 01, 2008

One Word: The Beginning

cloves oranges hands
This is what happens when you leave the holiday cloved oranges out too long...mysterious hands appear and come to take them away!

Happy New Year!!! Hope you all had an interesting New Year's Eve :-) I took Dad out for Chinese food and boy was that place PACKED!!! We got home, I hung out with him for awhile, made sure he had some snacks and a beer and then headed over to Megan & Jim's. Jim's brother and SIL joined us, and we played Apples to Apples (Megan won...twice!) and then Uno (I won!). We popped the bottle of champagne at midnight and toasted to health and happiness in 2008.

I've decided to participate in Project 365 (a group on flicker where I'll post one photo a day for an entire year) and this year, I'll complete the challenge! To make it a bit more fun for me, I thought I'd post the same photo here as well and have YOU (in the comments) tell me the first word (or thought) that comes to mind when you see the picture. You can also leave a normal comment, of course!

For example...let's pretend I've just read the entry and seen the photo. Here's the comment I'd leave:

One word: delicious. Hi Janet! Happy New Year, hope you didn't have to play that stupid "What Would Fred Do" game last night!

Easy, right! And if you don't want to play along, that's fine, no worries. I'm easy, too :-)

21 comments:

OldLady Of The Hills said...

BEAUTIFUL! Happy New Year Janet....And I appreciate you trying to make this more readable....I'm afraid it is still too dark for me...."CONTRAST" that is the key word...You are very dear to try, but I don't want you to change this just for me....Sorry to give you such a problem....

Carl V. Anderson said...

What a great idea. I look forward to your pictures. Happy New Year to you and your dad!!!

Karen Jensen said...

I can almost smell those oranges.

Anonymous said...

glad you had a nice night.

Happy New Year!

looking forward to your pictures!

Heather said...

The first thing that comes to mind is the smell of an orange!

Happy New Year!

Amy said...

Happy New Year!!!

Anonymous said...

Um, "Interesting!" LOL, those hands, I had to do a double take!

Happy New Year, Janet! Can't wait to see your pictures each day this year.

My girls love the Apples to Apples game,btw!

Anonymous said...

henna. Happy New Year Janet! :)

Mrs. G. said...

I am looking forward to all your 2008 photos! Happy New Year, Janet!

Anonymous said...

Closet. We used to put cloved oranges in our closets as an air freshener. You know, back in the day before they invented anything else. The dinosaurs loved them too. Here's to another year as friends!

Deb R said...

I didn't see the hands as taking the oranges away. I saw them as trying to cover up nipple-y bits. I'm so freakin' weird. :-D

Beautiful photo!!!

Deb R said...

PS....Happy New Year! I hope 2008 is good for you!!!

PPS....Thank you for the card and I'm sorry I'm late saying that!!!!!

PPPS....Have I used enough exclamation points yet?!?!?!

PPPPS...Nope!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OldLady Of The Hills said...

PERFECTION! You've got it! Thank you so much.....I hope you don't feel you have compromised your design too much....To me, it looks fabulous! Not only readable but it just looks wonderful, color-wise, Too...!

I was interupted here by two phone calls....I am sorry.

Anyway....Thank You Very Much!

Maribeth said...

Wonderful! I have a house full of citrus right now as a friend sent me a huge box of oranges, tangelos and grapefruit from Punta Gorda!

Anonymous said...

JUICY!

This is my response both to the picture and the Snape-a-licious header graphic.

Happy New Year, m'dear.

Unknown said...

One word: Boobs. I have no idea why.
But you asked, so I answered. :)

Happy New Year to you! We didn't have champagne, but lots of good pinot noir instead.

Unknown said...

Oh, and you know how much I LOVE apples to apples.

L^2 said...

I'm looking forward to your pictures. Good luck to you too, and Happy New Year!

Bungeegal said...

Thanks Janet for kindly directing me to the poppets! It doesn't appear I can get one yet but I'm going to keep checking! Thanks again and say hello to Wolf!

Anonymous said...

The word is "Mine!"

and I KNOW I can smell those from here - mmm!

Zenmomma said...

One word: Fragrant!

I look forward to seeing more of your pictures.