Wednesday, January 02, 2008

The Weigh In

Just a reminder...What Is It Wednesday is up!

I joined the Weigh-In at work today. It goes for three months and everyone who participates pays $10. The person who loses the most weight wins the money. To keep myself accountable, I'm going to blog what I eat each day, and what exercise I do.

I did pretty good yesterday, until those potato chips that I kept walking by reached out and tossed themselves down my throat...along with some clam dip! But if that's the worst I had, I'm happy. Breakfast was grits with a tiny bit of maple syrup and a clementine. Lunch was chili, mostly beans but with some pork and some chili-mac...and a clementine :-) Dinner was some broccoli and 5 steak fries (I was full from the chips & dip earlier). I had a cup of coffee, 1 diet A&W rootbeer & water. I also took Wolf on a 1/2 hour walk in the snow (snow snow go away, come again another day...or not).

This morning, breakfast was oatmeal and a cup of coffee (forgot the clementines at home). Lunch will be chili again, with broccoli from last night. Dinner will be roasted chicken, brown rice & brussels sprouts. If I snack, it'll be cashews or low fat, low sugar peanut butter on flax/oat bran/whole wheat pita bread...and clementines!

Oh, and one more thing. I'm going to respond to your comments in the comments section from now on, since sometimes blogger doesn't give me your email address! Just wanted you all to know :-)

14 comments:

Maribeth said...

You go girl! I start on Friday after my Thursday night WW meeting. Look for some gritty posts on all of that! hugs!

Janet said...

Good luck, Maribeth! I know you can do it...you're a disciplined person once you put your mind to it!

Anonymous said...

You are going to do great - how much money total is at stake??

Anonymous said...

Good luck!

Youre brave....I would NEVER post everything I ate! Only out of sheer embarrassment! lol

Janet said...

Michelle - I won't know til everyone comes back from vacation! But there's 45 people working here, so it could add up!

Laura - that's why I'm posting about it...keep me honest!

Anonymous said...

Sounds good! I bet you win the money!! Good luck and Happy New Year! Mel

Open Grove Claudia said...

Oh hurray! Good for you for taking the jump. How much weight do you want to lose? I think it's awesome that you are willing to push yourself in this direction.

Yippee!

Janet said...

Mel - Thanks for the encouragement!

Claudia - I need to lose 50 at least...of course, I don't think that'll happen in 3 months, but I'd be happy with 30!

Unknown said...

Yay for you, Janet! I think it's awesome. :-)

Awww, I will miss all of your fun email comment replies, but I understand.

Janet said...

Lisa - thanks, bubba!

Heather said...

Good for you :)

I will miss your email responses too but I understand :)

Janet said...

Lisa & Heather: For those of you whose email addresses I have, you will continue to get my oh-s0-wittY emails ;-)

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the weigh in -- I heard eating barley for breakfast keeps you feeling full all day, and keeps your sugar levels even for 10 hours!! Oh, and lot of tea helps too.

Janet said...

susiej - Thanks for the info on barley! I just went and looked up some recipes...they sound GREAT! And I do love me some licorice tea, naturally sweet, so no sweetener needed!