Saturday, October 06, 2007

Round Robin Challenge: Backyard Photography

The challenge this week is "Backyard Photography"; Tammie Jean, author of the blog, Long Drives to Nowhere came up with this challenge:

"What I like best about backyard photography (or photography at the local park) is that you don't have to go very far to get great shots - there are plenty of opportunities right there in front of you."

My garden in early summer

Little visitor

October garden

Funny little dragonfly on a tomato stake; doesn't it look like it's wearing lipstick and smiling???

Another dragonly on a tomato stake; they LOVE my back yard!

12 comments:

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Wow, wow, wow! (Maybe I should make that 8 wows.) That block of eight macro closeups is absolutely gorgeous - eight perfect little shots, perfectly composed. I like the others, too, but those are exceptional!

Carly said...

Wonderful photos! I especially liked the dragonfly. :) So pretty. :)

Theresa said...

Your little vistor is very cute, are you planning to keep him?

But I love the dragonfly the best-what an amazing close up almost looks like he wants to say something to you.

Also like the arrangement of your summer garden pictures.

Suzanne R said...

Gorgeous photos! I like your little visitor. It is obvious your lush garden is an attraction for critters and humans alike.

MyMaracas said...

Beautiful shots, every one! Your yard must be a real treat.

Vicki

mks said...

Great shots I especially like the little chipmunk!

Steven said...

Dragonflies! Excellent shots and a great yard.

Ingrid said...

I like the little visitor in your garden ! We don't have many squirls around here but moles !

Sheila Lu said...

WOW! What a great shot. I like your garden. Thank you for sharing. I like the dragonfly too. Nice shot!

Tammie Jean said...

These are great photos! I especially love the collage of the things growing in your garden - such perfect shots!

Sue said...

love love love the dragonfly :) and of course all of the others :)

Anonymous said...

Very nice pictures. Love the peppers.