Friday, September 01, 2006

Dr. John, The Night Tripper

DJ4

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Who is this guy? He looks a bit like Billy Joel, lol. Interestig shot!

Malinda777 said...

I used to live in Bay St. Louis, MS...just 51 miles from New Orleans.

Dr. John ROCKS, I've had the pleasure to see him live in quaint circumstances in the "Quarter".

Iko Inay (sp?) is one of my favorites. It's TOO COOL to watch people as old as my grandparents to dance around with "jiggling napkins" and umbrellas extended to his music.

Don't ask me... just a "tradition" of that area...

Cool photo...

Janet said...

Gina: That's Dr. John! Here's a bit about him:

Mac Rebennack, more commonly known as Dr. John, The Night Tripper and his band, the Lower 9-11 (pronounced “nine, eleven”), features guitarist Reynard Poch, bassist David Barard, and drummer Herman “Roscoe” Ernest III and their swamp pop/blues/gospel/jazz/R & B/funk sound.

malinda: I'm glad you saw him in the "Quarter", how AWESOME! I've never been to New Orleans but always wanted to go!