Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Round Robin Challenge: Very Scary

The challenge this week is Very Scary! Another easy one for me; I love Halloween photos, and Halloween is scary, so voila!

warlock and pet
Took this shot in Salem, MA last Halloween. I'm 95% sure this was all an act...but it still creeped me out. I felt such sad vibes from the 'pet'. It's hard to tell in the photo, but he had a huge rack of tree branches decorated with leaves and pieces of torn black cloth. Very strange. If you view this picture at the original size, you can see many more details, like how the 'pet' is looking at the girl, and the X on his forehead...very creepy!

Here are some others:
deadgirls1
Dead girls on a pumpkin bed (not really dead!)

Wolf and a friendly tree
My dog, Wolf and my friend, Diana, dressed in a camoflage suit

axe murderer
Someone went all out on their Halloween decorations this year!

Big Bad Wolf in Grannie's bed, close up (scary!)
This was taken up in Mason NH at a house where Elizabeth Jones illustrated her version of the book, Little Red Riding Hood. That's the wolf in grannie's clothing in the bed!

pentagram
Saw this in the basement of my friend's condo...it was a girls school before it was a condo and a jail before that!

danger, view 2
Same condo basement...see the hand peeking out around the door?


Great topic, Julie!!!

The Challenge Linking List:

Julie POSTED!
Julie's Web Journal
http://www.barrettmanor.com/julie/journal.aspx

Steven POSTED!
(sometimes)photoblog
http://sepintx.blogspot.com/
Carly POSTED!
Ellipsis...Suddenly Carly
http://ellipsissuddenlycarly.blogspot.com/

Dorn POSTED!
Through The Eyes Of The Beholder
http://journals.aol.com/dornbrau/ThroughtheEyesoftheBeholder

Karen POSTED!
Outpost Mâvarin
http://outmavarin.blogspot.com/

DesLily POSTED!
Here, There, and Everywhere 2nd edition
http://herethereandeverywhere2ndedition.blogspot.com/

DesLily POSTED!
Here, There, and Everywhere
http://journals.aol.com/deslily/HereThereandEverywhere/

Suzanne R POSTED!
New Suzanne R's Life
http://newsuzannerslife.blogspot.com/

Danella POSTED!
Deep Red Style
http://www.deepredstyle.com/

Linda (Lou) POSTED!
Blah, Blah Blog
http://blahblahblog.wordpress.com/

Robin POSTED! ***Welcome New Member***
R's Musings
http://rs-musings.blogspot.com/

John POSTED!
Personal Effects
http://personaleffects.blogspot.com/

rRose POSTED!
WAIT-NOTYET-/
http://journals.aol.com/rrveh1/WAIT-NOTYET-/

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm with you, that pet bat thing/guy is CREEPY. And the dog head in the bed, that's pretty unsettling, too! :-)

Anonymous said...

I noticed his eyes right away. You are right, it is very creepy scarey.

Im up too.

Anonymous said...

Hi Janet,
New to the photo challenge. The 'pet' in that first photo looks VERY creepy! I'll bet it was even creepier to be there! Nice photos!
--Robin

Dornbrau said...

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing about how that guy was looking at her..... too creepy!

Karen Funk Blocher said...

Definitely some extraordinary images here, but for me the seriously memorable ones are the first two. Great stuff!

NYC TAXI SHOTS said...

my sister thinks she is a witch she goes up to salem all the time

DesLily said...

well that "basement" sure is scarey!...good concept!...don't think I'd want to live there lol

Suzanne R said...

Great scary shots, Janet! I think I would think twice about living in that condo -- bad vibes, definitely!

Anonymous said...

Linda (lou): I added an explanation of the dog head LOL!

danella & dorn: I'm wondering if I'll run into him this year in Salem!

r's musings: welcome and thanks for the compliment :-)

Karen: Thank you!!!

NYC: maybe she is...

deslily & suzanne: my friend that lives there has her condo up for sale, too! You're right...I don't like the vibes, there, altho her home is very comfy!

Janet