
Krista, over at Create a Connection asked us to capture the word "find" in a photo. She said: Photography is about seeing the world around you differently. It is about finding and capturing the essence of your present surroundings. This actively connects you to where you are, and to your place in the world.
My friend E and I went to Paris in February 2005. On our last day there, we went in search of Les Catacombs. The tour book said it was exactly opposite the Metro stop we got off at, Denfert-Rochereau, but we didn't see it. So we walked and walked, and it started to snow, and we walked some more, and finally found a cafe to slip into to warm up (with the help of a café-crème).
We finally found Les Catacombs; how we missed it, I'll never know. I think we were looking up for signs...and the sign was on the sidewalk. Either way, the place was closed :-( and I was pretty bummed out about it...I'd really wanted to wander around down there.
This picture reminds me of the word find for two reasons...because we were searching for a place and indeed, did find it, and also, when I took a closer look at this picture, there was a surprise find in it! Do you see the man walking on the sidewalk, framed underneath the ivy arch? Didn't notice him when I was taking the picture, love the fact he's there!



9 comments:
Seeing the snow in Paris through that gorgeous place was a treat.
This looks like a wonderful place to warm up and I love how perfectly framed the passerby. Good choice for today's prompt!
That's a lovely photo!
Neat! It looks like a fabulous place, those big windows are to die for.
I also like the lighting in this shot.
Cool story, cool photo! I love the luck of the man being so precisely framed at just that instant.
gorgeous, love all the glass and natural wood
What a wonderful picture. I would love to Paris and see what I find! How cool that person is right in that arch!
I'm sure this man just came up from Les Catacombes to ensure you were safe and warm. LoL.
It's amazing what details you can find in a photo, even long time afterwards.
And this man, framed so precicly, is gourgeous the way one could believe it was planned.
Tremendous shot!!!
I guess you have to look down to find catacombs and not up! *S*
There's a great little cafe under St. Martins-in-the-Field church in London which is actually a catacomb - you you're really sitting on someones grave as you enjoy your cafe Latte!
Great photo - very French!
L
Post a Comment