
Sustenance: Something that gives support, endurance, or strength.
Krista, over at Create a Connection asked us to capture the word sustenance in a photo.
For me, the ocean is sustenance. It provides support, comfort and sustains my spirit. I NEED to visit the ocean from time to time...to rebuild, to renew, to regain calm. The picture above sustains me.



10 comments:
I'm Janet, too! This is such a beautiful, tranquil photo. I love the ocean and always feel complete when I'm right there with the waves crashing in, the wind blowing, and the sun shining. What better place to be!!
Oh Janet! I can really understand this one. I was born and still live in Colorado - a LONG way from the ocean. But, I feel its pull. And I feel recharged and energized when I do get to go. Not nearly often enough!
Thank you, Janet & Tammy! What is it about the ocean...funny, isn't it?
breathtaking photo!
I didn't think I loved the ocean until my father moved to the beach ... ah, it has a magical way of putting my life into perspective
Me too Janet, that's why I'm on Vancouver Island now. I love being here and recharging my spirit.
hey grrl. i am so with you on the ocean. i grew up on long island in ny where i was surrounded by water. it is in my blood ... the salt ... the turning of the tides ... the constant motion. i live in new jersey now, due to falling madly in love with shep and his daughters who live here. luckily it only takes 44 minutes to get there. yep, i've timed it!
thanks for sharing your beautiful photograph
Cynthia - It certainly does!
Sacred Susie - It must be beautiful there!
swampgrrl - funny...it takes me about the same amount of time to get to the ocean, too!
I feel the same way....I NEED to be near the ocean.......its where Im happiest......
this is a great shot.....
All my life I've been living no longer than 1 mile (air distance) from the Sea. Where else can you take such wonder of a photo?
wow. that is breathtaking.
Post a Comment