The challenge this week is Ye Old Watering Hole: My friend, Sarah, cooling off with a cold drink at the local Starbuck's. A collection of my photos hangs on the wall behind her; the manager let me hang them there for a month :-)
I am not even sure what to say...I don't think I could really put into words how WOW'd I was when I saw your photo! EXCELLENT! And that isn't quite the right word! TRUE ART!
Lisa: No, LOL! They were only at two of them, and my "business manager" (said jokingly, but she is the one I send to the different Starbucks to represent me, cause I'm too EEEEEEK-freaked out, to do it myself) is in Paris on vacation...maybe when she gets back we'll set them up at another one! Got any ideas?
How cool is it that your pictures are on the wall in a Starbucks! Starbucks is an American icon now and you, girl, are proudly displaying your work there! That's fantastic.
Suzanne R.: I was SO nervous going in there to hang them (two friends helped me) and I could barely stand to look at them once they were hanging! I'm so weird :-)
Maribeth: Thanks! I was sitting outside Grendel’s when I took that Sox Fans pic!
Tess: Thank you!
Karen: If I can get permission from the model, I just might! Great idea, thanks!
Tammy: I hope so too! Thanks Julie: Thank you so much. Sometimes my interpretations of things are more skewed towards the untraditional.
Michelle: Thank you! Yes, you helped me hang them And no, I’m not at all prepared for any craft fairs. Gawd!
jg: I’m giving it a test run before I decide to do something more serious.
Tess: I am SUCH a moron, I totally forgot to publish all these comments! So thank you for trying 4 times! What a good person
Stacie: Thanks! I had them up there for a month, and then 2 months at another Starbucks. Maybe another one soon
Carmen: Yeah! I’m famous! Think Johnny Depp’ll talk to me now? Mmmm, there’s some pictures I’d like to take. The “tattoo series”, the “hot, tanned bod” series…mmm, I’ll stop now!
Pink: I’m an icon by default, then? Woohoo! Seriously, tho, thanks
Lisa: Hmmm…maybe that restaurant that Michelle and I want to meet you at! Hmmm… The girl in the picture is the one who goes to the Starbucks for me and inquires about the availability of hanging my pictures. Cause…if I had to do it…it wouldn’t get done! I cannot sell myself…it’s bad!
18 comments:
Hi Janet :)
I am not even sure what to say...I don't think I could really put into words how WOW'd I was when I saw your photo! EXCELLENT! And that isn't quite the right word! TRUE ART!
Always, Carly :)
Carly, thank you so much for your kind words!
Lisa: No, LOL! They were only at two of them, and my "business manager" (said jokingly, but she is the one I send to the different Starbucks to represent me, cause I'm too EEEEEEK-freaked out, to do it myself) is in Paris on vacation...maybe when she gets back we'll set them up at another one! Got any ideas?
Janet
How cool! That's a very special watering hole indeed.
Great shots. I love the Sox Fans!
That was a treat and I do not mean the Starbuck's variety. Congrats and nice entry!
This is a great picture, and I love that your photos are in the background. You should include this photo the next time you get your work displayed!
Beautiful photo Janet, I hope you get more places to exibit your work :)
Wow, I love that picture. An excellent interpretation of the challenge.
Of course another nice shot. And those are your photos on the wall too right? So are you all prepared for the fall craft fairs?
A second blog, just for your photos? Yay!!! :)
Good place to hang! Excuse the pun and congrats on a spot at Starbucks!
This is my 4 th attempt at a post! Hope it goes thru!
I love this photo, and that is so awsome about your pics hanging on the wall at Starbucks! Wow! Congrats! Stacie
I'm more impressed with your "exhibit" in the background! It's like you're famous! :)
How cool is it that your pictures are on the wall in a Starbucks! Starbucks is an American icon now and you, girl, are proudly displaying your work there! That's fantastic.
Suzanne R.: I was SO nervous going in there to hang them (two friends helped me) and I could barely stand to look at them once they were hanging! I'm so weird :-)
Maribeth: Thanks! I was sitting outside Grendel’s when I took that Sox Fans pic!
Tess: Thank you!
Karen: If I can get permission from the model, I just might! Great idea, thanks!
Tammy: I hope so too! Thanks
Julie: Thank you so much. Sometimes my interpretations of things are more skewed towards the untraditional.
Michelle: Thank you! Yes, you helped me hang them And no, I’m not at all prepared for any craft fairs. Gawd!
jg: I’m giving it a test run before I decide to do something more serious.
Tess: I am SUCH a moron, I totally forgot to publish all these comments! So thank you for trying 4 times! What a good person
Stacie: Thanks! I had them up there for a month, and then 2 months at another Starbucks. Maybe another one soon
Carmen: Yeah! I’m famous! Think Johnny Depp’ll talk to me now? Mmmm, there’s some pictures I’d like to take. The “tattoo series”, the “hot, tanned bod” series…mmm, I’ll stop now!
Pink: I’m an icon by default, then? Woohoo! Seriously, tho, thanks
Lisa: Hmmm…maybe that restaurant that Michelle and I want to meet you at! Hmmm… The girl in the picture is the one who goes to the Starbucks for me and inquires about the availability of hanging my pictures. Cause…if I had to do it…it wouldn’t get done! I cannot sell myself…it’s bad!
awesome!!! having your photos displayed! congratulations!! :)
Gina: It was fun but a bit stressful!!!
Post a Comment