Wednesday, December 05, 2007

I <3 the number 7!

lights


Miss Meliss has tagged me to tell you 7 things about myself. Since it's illegal to not do a 7 thing meme, I guess I must participate!

1. Breakfast: I have a new favorite breakfast - Fage 0% yogurt, a bit of honey, and some Udi's natural artisan granola...YUM! Add a clementine or two and I'm in heaven!

2. Curly Hair: My hair is bone straight, and I wore it that way til I was 21 or so. My first ex-husband had a couple friends that were hairdressers, so I made an appointment with one of them to get a perm and I was THRILLED! Nick, the hairdresser, was concerned with such a drastic change (my hair was halfway down my back) and I just told him GO FOR IT! I LOVED it and wore my hair that way for many years. Once I started coloring it, tho, the combination was too much and I stopped perming. Last year, I decided to give it a try again, and it felt like home. Even friends who'd never seen me with curly hair said it looked extremely natural on me.

3. Scents: I love playing with different scents. Lately I've taken to using Aveeno unscented lotion, four pumps of lotion, two spritzes of perfume and voila! Scented lotion!

4. Photography: When I first started getting in photography again, I thought this time I'd try making some money at it. But ... that kind of spoils it for me, and I'm not sure why. I like to take pictures for me; it others like it, so much the better. When friends ask me to shoot their wedding, I stress out; what if they don't like the pictures, what if I don't capture the perfect moment, what if, what if! And I want photography to be fun! So I think I'll stick with fun and not sweat the rest of it.

5. Health: Lately, I've been worried about my health. I think that has everything to do with turning 50! I'm taking high cholesterol meds, BP meds, happy pills and vitamins now. So maybe I should exercise more than just walking the dogs and seriously start to watch what I eat. Actually, no maybes about it! DO IT! As I'm always saying to others, just frickin' do it!

6. Biting my nails: I've been doing that for years...on again, off again. I used to wear fake nails when I living in Japan and had a high profile job where raggedy nails didn't cut it. But now I wonder if it's just me. I used to go see a nail lady in the town where I work, and once she worked her voodoo magic, I had no desire to bite ... until the nails got too long.

7. Knitted things: I think I have an obsession with mittens, gloves & scarves, also blankets! I adore knitted & crocheted things, but unfortunately I can't knit or crochet to save my life.

8 comments:

Open Grove Claudia said...

Great meme! I can't stand the smell of perms. After getting them under forced circumstances as a kid, I haven't been back. How do you cope with the odor??

Unknown said...

I totally agree with you re: #4. I don't want to ruin the fun of it!

I was just saying that I can hardly sew on a button, but I loved knitted things. I can't do that either and I tried a few years ago. I wanted to knit a HP scarf for my son. I still have the yarn...

Heather said...

I thought your curly hair was natural... wow!!

You should take some fish oil :) Although the burps after taking it are a little gross I hear... or maybe just some sushi :D

Candy Minx said...

I have naturally crazy curly hair...I bleach it and blow it dry. Well it is like straw ha ha!

Sometimescurly sometimes straight. hey the thing is...there are so many great products to soften hair and make it shine which I need ...

love the polaroid style of photo publishing, thats cool!

Julie said...

You're writing my posts again.

Anonymous said...

Your hair looked really soft from the picture. So pretty!

I've been trying to use flax seeds lately - you can grind them and sprinkle into various foods - I believe 1-2 tbsps per day is good. They have good stuff.

MorahMommy said...

Hi Janet. Dropped by from Michele's to let you know I feel your pain re. #3. I've always wanted to make money off of my photography, but doing so isn't nearly as much fun as the stuff I do for myself.

Shooting weddings and parties is a chore. Shooting macro photos of a banana on a Sunday morning is an artistic joy.

Anonymous said...

You're lucky, I've had two perms in my life and both were disastrous. But I love the look on you, especially in the photo, it really does look soft and natural.

My photos always turn out better when I'm just shooting at random and not for other people, too.

Laura, Vsea