
I've got a question for you; it's about holiday tipping. How many of you tip or get gifts for your mail delivery person, the people who pick up your garbage and recycling, hairdresser, vet, pet walker/sitter, doctor, dentist, etc., etc.? If you do tip, what do you tip? I was talking to a friend today who does tip these folks and she said she knows lots of people who do this. She's the only one I know who does it! I've heard of it, obviously, but other than the mail delivery person and my hairdresser, I don't gift or tip. Love to hear your thoughts about this!



11 comments:
I tip my hairdresser. And the guy who delivers my mail down the ski jump driveway we have. After that I make goody baskets up of cookies and candy for the other people like Vets, Postal People, computer Guru guy who keeps fixing my crappy laptop, etc.
We usually leave something for the postman - honey, cookies, sometimes money. When I had an office, I left a gift for the postman, waterman, cleaning people, etc. In return,I had great great great service. I would give them $50 or $50 amex g/c. Totally worth it.
I tip the garbage men and mail carriers.
I buy things for my hairdresser.
I also buy a gift AND give money to my cleaning lady
I'm not sure on the tipping end of it. But I bought a small gift for my dog sitter and eye brow lady.
Dentist? Who tips the dentist? Everyone HATES the dentist. ;-)
My garbage men are evil, so they don't get a gift or tip. We have a lot of different mail carriers, so I don't leave anything for them, as it's always someone new. I don't have a cleaning service, as I'm too freaky to let anyone else do it. But I do generously tip my hairdresser. I've gone to him for years and I give him a tip that equals the cost of a haircut.
Oh, and I forgot to say that I love that photo!
I just started going to a new hair girl a couple of months ago...I was wondering the same thing.
My hairdresser owns her business and I make a CD for her. We tip the newspaper delivery in Dec. when we pay our bill for the year.
Tips are a tough call.
I don't, but really I probably should...at least the mailman and UPS guy since I consider them lifelines out here. :-/
Well, I tip my hairdresser fairly generously each time she does my hair. I never thought to do more at the holidays! Now I feel slightly negligent. I never see the postman or woman, and suppose they deserve acknowledgment--especially during the holiday rush! But I think a small gift would suffice. I guess if someone goes above and beyond the call of duty, I'd think of giving them something extra. But the Vet? I am certain that he makes WAY more money than I do--and already gets his fair share from me.
I've been thinking of leaving a little something for the mail lady 'cos I've talked with her a lot, and she is really nice. I tip my hairdresser, and waiters/waitresses. I think that is it. I love my dentist, but I don't tip him.
Post a Comment