Monday, December 10, 2007

Manic Monday by Lisa!

Merry Christmas!


It's Monday! That means it's time for Lisa's Manic Monday meme :-)

For the holidays, are you a last-minute shopper or do you shop well ahead of time? I actually do both!

If you had to pick a new first name for yourself, what name would you choose? In my 20s, I hated my first name and asked my friends and family to call me Beth (from my middle name). My mother HATED that and when my boyfriend called the house and asked for Beth, she'd say there's no one here by that name. He'd sigh and say...ok, can I speak to Janet, then?

What's worse,having expectations that are too high, or having no expectations at all? Expectations that are too high. Nothing worse!

10 comments:

Lisa said...

The boys are frickin' adorable! Love, love that shot!

I'm still laughing at your mom saying that there was no one there by that name.

I like my name, I always have. It just seems sort of plain sometimes. I shouldn't complain though- everyone always knows how to spell it. Though once I saw a Lisa who spelled her name Leighsah. Allrighty then... LOL

Anonymous said...

I love my name and I love the question you posed here. I think it is far worse to have no expectations.

tommie said...

Loving the puppy pics! They look rather comfy with all their get-up..

Deb R said...

Aaawwww....that photo is adorable!!! I don't think any of my critters would let me dress them in Christmas stuff - at least not and sit still enough to take a photo!

I like your answers to the meme and I'll give you a "me too" to the first one and an "amen" to the last. ;-)

Anonymous said...

my great grama used to say if you dont expect anything you will never be disappointed. (it sounded much better in Italian)

tanabata said...

Absolutely love that pic!! :)

Anonymous said...

What, no "Jani" or "Jan" ??? LOL. Had to laugh at your mom's comment, what a smart woman!

I used to hate my name when I was a kid, too. All the girls on our block wanted to be called "Sue Marie" --still have no idea why. (It was the 70's... lol) But now I love my name.

Great pic of the doggies!

Laura, VSea

Carl V. Anderson said...

Hmmmm...I think I'd rather have my expectations set to high than to not have any at all. It is kind of an unfair question though as there are pros and cons on both sides.

Heather said...

Do you like your name now?

Open Grove Claudia said...

Great Meme. Hey should I change your link? I figured you'd forward the other one, but it's still broken.... tell me what to do and I'll do it!