Tuesday, December 18, 2007

What great news!!!

Arwen


I couldn't ask for a better Christmas present: Peter Jackson and New Line Cinema have reached agreement to make J.R.R. Tolkien's "The Hobbit"

Jackson said: "We are delighted to continue our journey through Middle Earth."

Two "Hobbit" films are scheduled to be shot simultaneously, similar to how the three "Lord of the Rings" films were made. Production is set to begin in 2009 with a released planned for 2010, with the sequel scheduled for a 2011 release.

13 comments:

Mrs. G. said...

This IS good news. I can't wait to tell my kids. My son has that pendant and wears it all the time. He got it for Christmas many many years. Have a great day, Janet.

LEA said...

Oh man, this is very COOL !!
What a great early Christmas gift :x)

Heather said...

I saw that and thought of you! :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome!!! :D

Julie said...

Yeah!!!!

PS email problems today - can receive but can't send - technical problems at the isp end. :(

Unknown said...

I heard that too and knew you'd be thrilled!

mks said...

That photo ROCKS!

Deb R said...

Oooooh, cooooool!!!! :-)

tommie said...

My husband loves those books....now I know I will have a date in the future!

Zenmomma said...

Something to look forward to!

Faith said...

That's fantastic news!!!!

Carl V. Anderson said...

Finally!!!! :)

Of course now the worrying starts about will it be as good without Jackson directing, are Peter and Fran writing it, etc. Ha!

Anonymous said...

Agree with Michelle...the photo is gorgoues!