Thursday, December 20, 2007

Thursday Thirteen #99

T13
Thirteen Books on my To Be Read List


1. The Double Bind by Chris Bohjalian
2. Animal, Vegetable, Mineral by Barbara Kingsolver
3. Blaze by Richard Bachman
4. Smashed by Koren Zailckas
5. The Psycho Ex Game by Merrill Markoe
6. My Latest Grievance by Elinor Lipman
7. Good Grief by Lolly WInston
8. Many Bloody Returns
9. The Good Guy by Dean Koontz
10. Julie and Julia by Julie Powell
11. Alone in the Kitchen with an Eggplant
12. The History of Love by Nicole Krauss
13. I am Legend by Richard Matheson

books and pussy willows



Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!


The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!





33 comments:

Country Dawn said...

I Am Legend is a great read... can't wait to see the movie!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful photos here. Alone in the Kitchen with Eggplant sounds very good.

I am reading Julie and Julia right now -- I'm savoring every word. I love this book -- much more than Eat Pray Love.

Lynn said...

I'm interested to read The History of Love and Alone in the Kitchen with an Eggplant. I wonder how that feels. :D

ellen b. said...

#11 now that sounds interesting...
Enjoy your reading...

Julie said...

Alone in the kitchen with an eggplant. Now there's a title!

I might pinch this idea for mine cos I'm bereft of my own.

Nicholas said...

I don't have any of those but I do plan to buy the one by King -- sorry, I mean Bachman!

SandyCarlson said...

What a great list you have. A baker's dozen for the year.

Beautiful, tree, too!

Sandee said...

A mighty fine list it is too. Have a great TT. :)

Moondancer said...

Interesting list, not sure I've head of any of them.

mks said...

Oh I love this idead for a TT. I think I must snag it for the first TT of the New Year! Next week I am taking a blogging hiatus. Post to come on that!

Open Grove Claudia said...

ooh! I'm excited to see if you like those books. I'm at a loss for a great book - any suggestions?

Shesawriter said...

I Am Legend is on mine too. I want to read it before I see the movie.

Happy TT!

My Thursday Thirteen #5

Heather said...

Ohh I will have to check out some of these titles, although my to-read list is wayyyy to long!!

SJ Reidhead said...

The worst thing about being a writer is no time to read!

The Pink Flamingo
http://thepinkflamingo.blogharbor.com/blog

Joyismygoal said...

have a safe merry Christmas

Anonymous said...

A few of your titles intrigue me enough to check them out too. I am looking forward to reading Eat, Pray, Love by Elizabeth Gilbert.

If you would like to, please stop by and check out my 13 Reasons I Should Be Getting a Promotion for Christmas Regardless of my Gender.

Happy TT!

Robin said...

I really liked History of Love, and I'm very intrigued by the sound of Alone in the Kitchen with an Eggplant.

Off to go google...

Tiffany Aller said...

I REALLY want to read #9 - I'm a huge Koontz fan and have heard this one is great. I've got Blaze on my Horizon, too. Happy Thursday!

Joyful Days said...

I will just admit my ignorance & say I've not heard of any of those. But I will check them out!

Natalie said...

I don't know anything about those, but some of them sound interesting. :)

My TT is up too if you want to check it out. :)

YellowRose said...

There's a couple on there I'd like to read!

Merry Christmas Janet!!!

Anonymous said...

I get to pick one from the list and read it on the beach! Teacher Christmas break for the win!

Thanks for the recommendations.

colleen said...

The tree looks like a Grand spinning Sufi. Barbara Kingsover's book is getting passed around. Soon it will be in my hands. She was here last year talking about it.

tanabata said...

Hm..the only one on your list that I've read is The History of Love which I enjoyed. Love the picture of the old books!

Susan Helene Gottfried said...

I'll be curious to hear what you think of History of Love. My entire book club was unanimous about it, but I won't say which way and ruin anything for you.

I'd also like to read the Chris Bohjalian; I really liked Midwives but haven't come across his later stuff.

Happy TT, my friend!

Jean-Luc Picard said...

I don't know those books, but I hope you enjoy reading them.

Jean-Luc Picard said...

BTW Michele sent me here.

*Rae* said...

I may have to take a look at some of these I am always looking for books to add to my must read list thanks for sharing Happy TT & Happy Holidays

Anonymous said...

Michele sent me.

Love the beautiful tree.

Hope you're feeling better by now.

Rose

xo

Mrs. G. said...

What a wonderful list! I haven't read a couple of these. I didn't even know I Am Legend.

L^2 said...

Hmmm... I don't think I'm familiar with any of these. Maybe I should look them up?

PJ said...

I haven't read any of these. I'm planning to watch I Am Legend at the IMAX next month.

Anonymous said...

Hi Janet!
I am sorry that I haven't been good about commenting. I lost this blog address and just got it from Michelle! I had to say that I loved the book Julia and Julie- let me know what you think of it after you read it!