Here's how I did it:
Sear the cube steak, both sides, til not pink, in a big soup pot (I used a bit of peppery bacon fat, about 2 tsps). Take it out, and set aside.
Saute chopped onions and celery in the same soup pot (adding a bit more peppery bacon fat, like a teaspoon or so), until soft.
Cut the meat into small pieces and when the onion/celery mixture is done, add the meat; also the tomatoes, bouillons, carrots, V8 and water. Simmer for 45 minutes or so til the carrots are done.
Add the chestnuts, simmer about 5 minutes or so
Turn the heat up to a boil, add the noodles and cook til the noodles are done, and serve!
As you can see, it turned out pretty thick, more like a stew than a soup. But that's ok, cause the taste is all that counts!

OMG was it good!



8 comments:
That looks AMAZING!!! I can practically smell it! I love it when 'tis the season for stew! We've had vegetable stew and homemade baked potato soup in the last week or so and tonight is this wonderful taco stew recipe that we got from a friend. MMmmmm!
Boy that looks good. I bet it would be good with chicken too. I'm a little addicted to my crock pot... I wonder if it would work!
This looks delicious. I wish I could reach through the screen and have it for dinner. I really do. I've come back twice to look at it.
I'll take some now, please. Looks delicious!
Was it spicy? It sounds spicy...and good!
Yum! That looks great!
That looks so very yummy....you may send it fedex to me if you like :)
That looks fantastic! I've been eating lots of soup lately; it just warms the cockles of the heart.
Post a Comment